NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
30/03/18 05:25 PM
Re: Red dot sight questions

Thanks for the videos.

I do think the "RMR" style red dot sights are the best for shotgun use. And less accurate shorter range rifle use. {PProbably up to a50 metres (?) or so. But for me pretty useless for small game rifle shooting. OK for medium game.

As said I might try mounting one on top of a scope for shotgun use. The cheeck will be well off the butt stock using it for the shotgun though. How good? Won't know without trying.

Do you like your Minox scope? Does it have an illuminated reticle? What type of reticle? What price? Sorry for all the questions.

A 4x or 5x scope at the upper end is fine for me, for medium game hunting. For small game hunting, using headshots a lot, I really prefer a 8x to 10x. Strongly prefer. Even on my rimfires. I might cope with a 6x .

At the lower end, because of the shotgun barrel I strongly prefer a 1x. I think a red dot illuminated reticle would be handy for two eye open shotgun shooting.

Your aimpoint micro sight was also noted. And quite usuable on a shotgun-medium rifle combination at lesser ranges.

All of my BS and discussion depends on what my eye sees for the red dot, of course. Need to try some of these out in person.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com