DarylS
(.700 member)
29/11/17 03:36 AM
Re: While on 'sporting equipment' a ME109G-6

1999 is quite a while back. The kit will still be workable though.

You will need 2 'retact' servos & depending on the model size, twin aileron servos, then one (or 2) for the elevators, 1 for the rudder and one for the throttle.

You will need a minimum of a 6 channel radio, 7 or 8 would be better to allow some 'mixing' of controls, however most 6 channel radios will do the job.

so- for channels, your radio needs

gear,
flaps,
ailerons,
elevator,
rudder,
throttle.

Most everyone today used a 2.4 megahertz radio.
I have this one and it works just fine. Mine is about 4 years old now. This is the newer version. It is called an entry level radio, however is a full 6 channel with some channel mixing and comes with a 6 channel receiver for the plane.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/dx6-g3-6-channel-dsmx-transmitter-with-ar6600t-rx-md2-p-spm6755

Today, hardly anyone builds complete planes as the ARF's have taken over.(ARF - Almost Ready to Fly)

They can be ready to fly in as little as 4 hours, but some take longer to assemble.
Kits are special, though.
Here is one my bro built, from a kit (crap, can't post it- don't have a picture account now). The kit was about $600.00. It is a 1/4 scale Albatros DVA (D5A)- 89" span and about 24 pounds. He powers it with a 30CC (1.80cu.in) Saito 4 stroke engine. Many of the parts were not 'scale' enough for him, so he built his own parts, inline 8 cylinder engine parts in particular, along with proper ammo chutes. This plane could win scale contest, easily, if flown properly, that is. Although it does not have the proper scale engine, the exhaust does come out the airplane engine's exhaust- looks amazing. Damn - I wish I could post it.
Oh well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com