Postman
(.375 member)
30/07/17 11:31 PM
Re: Swarovski New Z8 model vs Zeiss Victory comparison

I have a Z6i 1-6 and a Z8i 1x8. I really like them both but would never consider mounting them on a double rifle. On my K95, I put a Leupold on it simply because of the size and weight of the Swaros........ Leupy glass is nowhere near as good as the Swaros, but was a compromise I was willing to make in order to avoid having a top heavy floppy awkward rifle. A K95 is a very light handy and highly accurate rifle and is a pleasure to carry. I just couldn't ruin the ergonomics of it with a heavy scope.

I really like Zeiss glass and have owned several of the Victory models, but I am less than enamoured with their turret system as compared to the Swaro. The older Zeiss Victory with steel main tubes were heavy pigs in my very humble opinion. The aluminum tubes were better froff m a weight perspective and as long as one doesn't select a scope with an objective lens the size of a large pizza, the scope is quite manageable for a bolt rifle mounting.

Recently, I purchased a PMII 1x8 S&B and am currently playing with it. I think that it would be wonderful on a PG bolt rifle with its fine reticle and red dot, but I will stick to the Swaro for the serious business of DG hunting. The FOV is really great on the Swaro, particularly the 1x6 powered version, th reticle is just right for quick sight acquisition and the red dot is a really nice feature and is quick to deploy due to excellent ergonomics. The S&B turrets are my favorite of the bunch and the glass, at least to my eye is also really easy to love.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com