Ripp
(.577 member)
26/09/16 04:38 AM
Re: Hunting Rifle Accuracy Quizz

Thanks for the chart Daryl..I used different ones all the time..the Zeiss Rapid Z system works very well for my experiences with it..I have several of their scopes on different rifles including my wife's Kimber .308--have a Rapid Z-600 on it...she is deadly out as far as you want to shoot..

Swarovski with the turret system and ballistic calculater on their website is accurate as well provided you enter the correct info..which if you upload to your phone and need to change while in another country, it is easy to do.

Agree with the above..if I am not getting really tight groups with a rifle..it hits the road if I cant get it to shoot..Life is too short for inaccurate rifles in my opinion..

If one goes on a trip to the other side of the planet or if its 100 miles from our home..feel you own it to the animal, yourself and all concerned to be the best you can be AND to be honest with yourself and know those limitations... Having said that I the last animal I shot was a Tur in Azerbaijan..using the above setup in a 280AI --was a bit over 350 yds walking up the mtn side..hit him through the front shoulders, it was lights out...and there it is, I feel very confident in that rifle..not saying that to brag, more so, I agree with Postman..confidence is key whether its shooting, boxing, or whatever...the mind is a powerful force Luke..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com