NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/08/16 08:35 PM
Re: Swarovski New Z8 model vs Zeiss Victory comparison

Quote:

One can get the models that are reasonably light in weight..the Z6 2.5-15x44-p-l is around 19 ounces..I use the Z5 3.5-18 x44 Sheep Hunter model on my mtn rifles --it is actually 15.9 oz..which is as light or lighter than most..up to this point they have held up very well to that type of hunting..slips, horses, etc...Agree there are some models out there that are heavier but for a hunting rifle I refuse to use them..dont mind it on a target rifle at the range, but will not lug that extra weight around the mtn side ..no need..

Some of my comment was more about mounting such a scope on a double rifle, combination or single, than a bolt action.

All of these 30 mm scopes to me are really a bit too big and heavy. As Ahmed said regarding his choice of a 30mm scope on a Purdey or H&H was how could one put a Leupold on such a rifle? I could see his point, biased true, but ... A nice 1-4x or 1 1/2-5x Leupold would be better balanced on a nice double rifle, but I too probably would put a 1-4x (or similar) Zeiss or Swarovski on a double rifle too.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com