DarylS
(.700 member)
30/10/15 03:41 AM
Re: My new hunting vehicle

Interesting looking ride, John.

LOL. I switched to a Dodge truck a few years ago. Had a Ramcharger back in 97, though that was a decent truck.
I still missed my Chevy's.

I bought a used Dodge 3/4 ton 5.9 Diesel back in the late 90's and it was a good truck, but too rough riding for my back. Had to get rid of it around 2004.

I then tried a Ford Exploader - poor mileage - horrid mileage around town, wonderful on the highway and a smooth ride, but too small to pull my boat safely. Needed a newer vehicle and one that was larger. Traded that in on the Dodge 1/2 ton Hemi I have now. Great mileage in town and on the highway.

The reason I didn't get another Chevy a that time, is the bumpers on their trucks were plastic when I wanted another one.

Chev, Ford and Dodge all got money bailouts from the Government back when that was going on. Chev paid their 'loan' back inside 2 years. The others didn't and probably still haven't.

What I'd like now, is a Duramax 3/4 or 1 ton, Denali - not going to happen at close to $100,000.00.

My wife drives a Jetta - her second. Daughters are driving a Buick and a Nissan.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com