DoubleD
(.400 member)
23/02/05 04:57 AM
Re: SAD NEWS, LEICA went BANKRUPT

Is/was Lieca German? It could be their business attitude.

A few years ago I was at the SHOT show talking with the folks in the Sig Sauer booth about how they manufactured their pistols. The were explaining how the new state of the art CNC machining equipment they had installed had allowed them to increase productivity and lower costs per unit increasing profits. I ask if that meant that they might be lowering the price of their product and maintain profits by volume. I got the funniest look and was very indignantly told, this is a German product people expect to pay more!!

Ran into a similar attitude from Ziess. We brought a line of Ziess into our shop in northern California. We sold out very quickly. Then came the fall hunting season, a wetter than normal one. We got 100% return for leaking and fogging scopes and binoculars. When we contacted Ziess they were indignant also. They could not care that their products were leaking and fogging. They couldn’t understand why someone would not be thrilled possessing something with the superior optics and reputation of Ziess. The idea that someone would be dissatisfied with fogging and leaking was incomprehensible to them. We had to get the sporting goods association help to get them to make good on the products.

I never had much to do with Lieca, but one can only wonder if that attitude prevailed?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com