Ripp
(.577 member)
20/09/09 01:33 AM
Re: Swarovski A-Line?

Quote:

I just spoke with the folks at Swarovski this past weekend at the Griffin & Howe shoot at the Hudson Farm. The Z3 and Z5 are the same as the A-line. The names were changed to match the Z6 series. The only difference is that the Z3 has a slightly wider field of view than the A-line. Even though the previous version was designated as the "A" line to denote "American", it is still made in Austria as are the other Swarovski scopes. The name American was applied because of the one inch tube, which I happen to prefer anyway. If you find a new A-Line for less than you can a Z3, buy it.

Btw, I own two Swarovski A-Line 3-10x42s and love them. The Zeiss Conquest is also superbly accurate and clear and has an etched glass reticle.

All you stated above is what I have been told as well. A fella I went to Africa with a few years back was a rep for Swarovski-got the same explanation on the A-line.

I have several Swarovski's and love them. Not sure they are any more sturdy than say a Leupold, in fact, in my experience, the outside metal is not as sturdy as Leupold..but the glass is far superior, again , IMHO...everyones eye is different so we all see things differently...even blue eyed individuals see differently than brown ...so need to check them out as to what works best for you

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com