450_Ackley
(.375 member)
21/07/07 08:04 AM
Re: My new GP Greener Bore Gun

Luke,
Wasn't too bad actually, the GP Greener cost me $375-00 AUD with the shotgun barrel, which I still have, my gunsmith made it a switch barrel, so I have 2 barrels and 2 forends, just loosen the screw on the side of the action and unscrew one barrel and replace with the other, takes less than 2 minutes. The barrel from Pac-Nor cost me $270-00 AUD, $20-00 for a chamber from another gunsmith who had a reamer, my gunsmith that put it all together and I swapped a few things that I had and he wanted, so that cost very little, the sights, recoil pad etc all up cost around $180-00 AUD.
So long story short I got out of it for well under $1000-00 Australian. The mould from CBE was quite expensive, $235-00, but when you see the amount of work that went into the mould and how good it works, making both hollow points and solids, you can more than understand why. I also bought a round ball mould from Jeff Tanner in England, landed in Australia, I think it set me back $65-00, custom made to any size you want. Shotgun cases and wads cost bugger-all, they don't use a lot of powder per shot and lead prices are reasonable at the moment, so you can have a hell of a lot of fun for not much money.

Regards,
David.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com