szihn
(.400 member)
29/06/07 11:25 AM
Re: 8 bore in Purdey style, and German Jaeger

Thank You Daryl
You are correct. The price is very reasonable.
I will tell you all the story, so you’ll know why.
I made this gun a while ago for a good friend and customer. He’s bought several muzzleloaders from me over the years, and he’s always been good as gold and honest as they come.

Well he had some sickness and a death in his family, and had to come up with money for bills.

I have the rifle all finished except the checkering. He had $2000 paid when the ill fortune befell him.
Now I guess I could just take posession of the gun, but I don’t treat folks that way, It’s not he chose to not pay me. It could not be helped.

So I am selling it for what I have to get out of it to pay my own bills, and I will send him the $2,000 he paid to me on it as a refund, to help him out. I have had tragity in my life too, and I know what it’s like. So I won’t add to his problems.

If I can get the $3200 I will take the 1200 for my time and expences, and send him the $2000. I will then finish the checkering and send the rifle to the customer.

If someone sends me $2800 I will take the $800 for my time (1/2 price of what’s left, but that’s OK) and again, send him the $2,000. The rifle would then be shipped as it is now, without checkering.
I don’t make these guns for $3200 these days but this one will sell for that amount--- for the above reasons.
Steve

Contact Us NitroExpress.com