Omnivorous_Bob
(.333 member)
21/12/21 04:13 AM
4-bore and water buffalo video

Several years ago I got the opportunity to hunt in the NT with a great group of guys (Cal, Scotty, Steve, Mike). Cal's good friend Greg came along and generously filmed. At the time a bunch of us posted pictures and a description here. It was a great time.

A couple years ago a buddy out of state was considered a similar hunt and asked me what I thought. I put a couple of film clips in a youtube video and sent him a link rather than email a huge file. I'm not a computer guy but I was using an ancient one at the time and the uploaded video didn't have the best resolution. Going through an old computer this weekend I found the original hidef files, so I posted them here:

water buffalo

As an amusing note about however youtube works, after I put up that original video to share with a friend it got a couple hundred views in 2 1/2 years, far less than one per day. The video's description was just the date, location, outfitter, guns used, etc. About 6 months ago I was finally editing another video and saw this one still in my account. Being a wise-ass, I changed the description to be some fluff about fighting global warming by reducing the carbon footprint of invasive species (ie, killing them). It immediately started getting 100s of views a day, up from almost zero. As an experiment after a few weeks I pasted back in the old description for a month and it immediately went back to zero. Put back in the climate change crap and it shot right back up. Seems silly to me.

Bob

Contact Us NitroExpress.com