DarylS
(.700 member)
10/08/05 06:07 AM
Re: 12 bore bullets or molds

Round ball moulds of ANY size can be ordered with an e-mail to Jeff Tanner in the UK. He'll cut the mould, and mail it within 2 weeks, generally 1 week. Payments go to an address in California with information on that included with the mould.
: My 12 bore and larger RB moulds cost roughly $23.00 Us. The moulds are brass, fit Lyman or RCBS handles and have no sprue cutter. As they have a large "V" shaped cone at the top of the sprue, the balls are easily cast without any mess, and the sprue snips off with side cutters very easily. A quick brush with a rasp, and they're perfectly round without any mark of a sprue so loading is very easy.
: I worked up BP and smokeless loads for a 12 bore SXS smoothbore some time ago, with most excellent, accurate results.
: Round balls are an excellent 12 bore projectile and of course, much lighter than a Parodox ball. They were, of course, used prior to the invention of the elongated slug.
: For elephant hunting, perhap an original paradox mould should be obtained - I'd expect them to be enormously expensive. Round balls will most definitley work, though.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com