9.3x57
(.450 member)
28/12/18 11:29 AM
Re: 10b H&H Paradox - Am I keeping the wrong friends?

Curl:

That excerpt from The Field seems to verify a thought I had about these guns. Instead of referring to the gun as a shotgun that can be used for big game, it implies the gun is really intended as a "rifle", with no direct mention of fine shot. That is, assuming the recommendation to using a 10 bore is for another gun, that is, to use another gun to develop skill, and use the Paradox in the field for big game.

Since testing buck/bird with a Hastings choke tube I've questioned the fine shot patterning capability of the Paradox. The excerpt seems to suggest, indeed, the gun is more "rifle" than shotgun.

The concept is quite interesting and I wonder also if it dodged any laws in Indian states, etc, where use of rifles might have been restricted or prohibited? I seem to remember there were some? Similar to the situation presently in parts of the US. I would THINK {?} you'd be able to use that gun in "shotgun-only" deer zones of various states. I'd think a good attorney { } could make a pretty good argument in court if a local game warden thought otherwise!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com