Lane
(.224 member)
15/01/18 07:24 AM
Re: Quality and strength of husqvarna RB bore guns ??????

Thanks for the help. I did end up buying the rifle and it seems like a nice quality gun. It has the straight rifling. I am not sure whether it is the shotgun or rifle action, what do I look for to determine that? I will try to post pictures soon but my internet is quite slow and I have never posted a picture on a forum before so it may take me a while. The wrist of the stock is badly broken and I will have to make a new firing pin but other than that it is in nice shape. I should have it ready to shoot in the next couple of weeks at latest. The bore has very little pitting so I think it should shoot good. I'm figuring on using patched balls in the brass Magtech cases. I have used that system in a double 16 bore ball gun (except with plastic cases) and in a single barrel Hofslatt pinfire ball and shot gun also from Sweden. I just tried the first shots in the pinfire yesterday and it seems like it will shoot good. I will try to post pictures of that project soon too. Any other info you guys have on the Husqvarna bore rifles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Contact Us NitroExpress.com