Lane
(.224 member)
30/06/17 02:02 AM
Re: 16 bore for grizzly

Well I didn't get a shot at a bear. The weather was extremely hot for this area and so the bears holed up from about 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning and didn't go to the baits much after first light. Also I didn't have a chance to get the baits out early so it took a couple of days before they started getting much activity. A week earlier and we likely wouldn't have even needed baits as fishermen in the area said they were having bears in camp and everywhere else until a few days before we got there when the weather heated up. So maybe I'll get a chance to try out the 16 bore on a bear this fall.

Are the straight rifled Husqvarnas very common or are they kind of a "rare bird"? I have seen lots of the double smoothbore huskies for very good prices; but I have never seen a straight rifled one. How much do they generally cost?

Cjdawe: That sounds like great accuracy. The farthest I have shot my 16 bore smoothbore to is 50 yards. I can usually get a 6 to 8 inch group of between 10 and 20 shots at that distance.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Lane

Contact Us NitroExpress.com