Longknife
(.333 member)
10/02/16 09:01 AM
Re: Rem. Rolling block 20 bore?

#1 ..Mike, I did not plan on starting with maximum loads in this rolling block. I just made a statement about maximum case size and capacity and yes I will use wads or cards under the bullet. (if I ever get that far with this project)

#2..I started this thread because of the thread on here about the Husqvarna RB that has a bore of .622 and a groove of .662. WOW that's .020 deep rifling! This person is experimenting with .662 balls and slugs in his 20 bore ...Why were these bore guns rifled so deep and do I need to do the same?
I believe that in BPCR rifles the bullet needs to be .001 over groove dia. does this apply to bore guns too?...

#3...I have a .45/70 on a Sharps action with a 30 inch 1/8 barrel and it weighs about 12 3/4 lbs. so I'm not worried about weight. This bore gun will be lighter than that or I could even go to a tapered barrel or straight 1 inch barrel to lighten it up more..... Still looking for ideas..........Thanks for the reply...Ed

Jim, I've looked for a #5 action but they are very hard to come by......Haven't come across any martini actions either....Thanks, Ed

Contact Us NitroExpress.com