NONAGONAGIN
(.224 member)
15/04/14 02:05 AM
Re: .730 paradox bullets needed

I didn't see/read anything that gave me offence, Daryl. This game can be individualistic when it comes to guns and if you can't agree to disagree, energetically at times, you should stay off the "net.

I have Mossberg, Rem, Browning, NEF and a couple of OLD, long out of production shotguns and every one of them have a different bore ID's as measured with a dial indicated bore gauge. I'm guessing the same goes for the Paradox guns.

Not only that but bore size varies within brands...my Mossy 500 18" cylinder bore is different than the 24" barrel and the 535 barrels are different still...not by much, a couple thou one way or the other and my friends Beretta is "worse" yet...doesn't bother much seems like...you just have to develop a slug load for what the gun shoots best.

Just like missing the forest for the trees...or visa versa...these discussions(on every forum I've been to) can fall into nit picking over minutia and miss out on the good stuff in the bigger picture.

I always learn a great deal from the minutia, many times specific to one gun. But what is very important to one person isn't very important to another and a 0.001" +/- may or may not cause much of a ruckus in another application. I fit the bullet to whatever the gun likes for a range of loads and accuracy levels...or not...same with all my rifle/pistol calibers. Accuracy for a sage rat at 500 yds plus is much different than what is required for an Elk at 50 yds.

I think the Paradox gun might be a god idea that came and went...but could also come back. In todays world we keep recycling, we get bored easily and just about ANYTHING new-to-us can get a new lease on life.

I've been at this game 60 odd years, done most of it many years, killed my first LEGAL deer with a 12 ga SXS Fox double with the old Rem punkin' ball(lots of deer with a 22LR) when a freshman in HS, got totally bored with most of it and now I'm back to very large bores, heavy slugs and a fresh look at things. I think that's very cool.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com