calpappas
(.275 member)
03/11/12 12:33 AM
Re: Bore Rifle Book

Hi Gents:
Thanks for all the positive comments here and all the great feedback on the book. Here some details on the book:

Chapter 1. 36 pages of history--users of the bore rifles in the vintage years.
Chapter 2. 21 pages of muzzle loading bore rifles, 14 rifles photographed.
Chapter 3. 37 pages of vintage ammunition, ballistics, reloading tools and moulds.
Chapter 4. 41 pages of 4-bores, 14 4-bores photographed.
Chapter 5. 61 pages of 8-bores, 27 8-bores photographed.
Chapter 6. 22 pages of 10-bores, 10 10-bores photographed.
Chapter 7. 39 pages of 12-bores, 12 12-bores photographed.
Chapter 8. 25 pages of 13-28 bores, 11 rifles photographed.
Chapter 9. 73 pages of the Bore Rifle Today: modern ballistics (11 pages), reloading (13
pages), shooting (10 pages), hunting (14 pages), where can I get...(17 pages), modern
history (9 pages).
Chapter 10. 34 pages of modern and non-UK bore rifles, 22 rifles photographed.

The books are 90$ each and for each BBR ordered a copy of the .600 NE is offered at 1/2 price or 35$.
The postage in an above post is correct, however Canada is lower than the international rates and I will charge accordingly as I don't make a profit from postage.
One note. I will drop the media mail for two reasons: complaints of 3-4 weeks delivery time and also slightly damaged corners of the book from being shuffled around the post for so long and the USPS won't pay an insurance claim for slight damage--only if severely damaged, lost, or destroyed.

Right now I don't have a plan for wholesale sales for a couple of reasons: the books are selling well as is, most of my profit is lost when old at wholesale (it cost a bunch to put this book together), and when I did so on the .600 book a few years ago, many folks would negotiate the quantity down to 4-5 books so they could have one at wholesale and sell a few to friends. However, I do know postage is high so friends can combine orders to one address (most so on international orders) so save this way.

Any questions, email me at <pappas@mtaonline.net>
Cheers, thanks, and enjoy the world of the British Bore Rifle!
Cal

Contact Us NitroExpress.com