HogPilot
(.300 member)
18/02/12 09:20 AM
Re: Lion shot with Paradox

We possibly cannot reconcile that. And if so, I guess we'll just have to disagree. But I can tell you that it is considered more than a "Traffic" offense to illegally shoot from the vehicle. Especially if the hunter in question is a US Citizen. It would be more likely to be a Lacey Act offense which is a Felony in the US. Possibly hard to prosecute if he didn't import the cat. But if he did, and the USFWS were to take note, he could be in serious trouble. Not to mention that he probably has a completely different take on the incident today than at the time.

That's why I asked if you had spoken with him about how the hunt went down. I've seen so many of these hunters, myself included, who came home proud of their lion only to have the reality of how the outfitters deceive the first times into shooting one of these cats. He probably didn't know it is illegal to shoot from a truck and he probably didn't have a clue about Lion behavior, or the outfitters' behavior either. But because of the way these hunts are presented to the new guy, your friend has broken the law, even though he didn't know it at the time. I'll just bet he has a different opinion of the hunt today than when he participated in it.

Why not ask him?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com