NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/01/12 01:01 PM
Re: Lion shot with Paradox

Quote:

Been reading this one with interest. This topic reappears from time to time.

Let's face it, much hunting {most, actually, in terms of numbers of hunters hunting} in "Africa" is canned if you include garden run SA ranch hunts in the mix. And I really don't care if the ranch is 4,000 hectares. If it's high wire, it's canned, in a legitimate manner of speaking.

Rubbish.

"Canned" is a term relating usually to captive breeding programmes where the animal is not wild as it has been bred in captivity and usually released only a short time before it is shot.

"High fence" hunting is usually termed "non fair chase".

The animals behind high wire may well have been bred in the wild and captured and re-released into high fenced properties, bred in the property itself, or "canned" if bred in small enclosures and released into a high fenced property.

From my experience hunting in a high fenced property can actually be harder than in the wild, if the pressure on the animals has been harder. In this case I can say I would much rather hunt free range as the game is actually easier to hunt.

Or it can be easy if the animals were for example fed from vehicles (as in a drought). In this case I declined to continue hunting on the property.

A hunter with his eyes open can usually tell the difference.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com