Ripp
(.577 member)
12/01/12 01:19 AM
Re: Lion shot with Paradox

Quote:

Personally I would be worried that if the canned lion breeding industry was stopped, it would create a much higher risk of lion as a species becoming extinct.

With so many lion behind wire being preserved for the canned industry it must provide a reserve for the species in the long term.

Truly wild lion are under habitat pressure, competition with cattle or plains game species hunting, and poisoning to remove them etc. They need a lot of space and with the human species ever over-breeding and needing more space ...

Also if canned lion hunters could no longer buy canned lion hunts, even more pressure on the wild lion populations.

Not commenting at all, on the ethics, sporting "value", etc of canned lion hunting.

Agree with all of the above---and have heard that same argument for years as well..But also do agree with Hog Pilot as was also my point..not/don't care about the time frame of when it happened or type of weapon used...but moreover how it was all done..IMHO, don't consider that hunting..if you want to just go out and shoot something then do it, but it certainly isn't hunting in my book...each to their own but not for me..

Hog Pilot...unless there is more than one place with the same lions and a tiger, I was at that same place..actually stopped in there on my way back to the airport in Kimberly..have very similar photos ..have to search my system..know I have them somewhere..

Guess it truly is a small world...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com