HogPilot
(.300 member)
28/11/11 06:45 PM
Re: Lion shot with Paradox

Quote:

I believe the details of the hunt are unembellished and I don't believe this video has been circulating for "more than 7 years".

The question on the Nowatny would be was it made or licensed by WR for their propriatary cartridges, in particular the Super Magnum Explora. If the gun had original 2 3/4" chambers it was certainly chambered for a magnum paradox cartridge but which one?

The question on the Nowatny would be was it made or licensed by WR for their propriatary cartridges, in particular the Super Magnum Explora. If the gun had original 2 3/4" chambers it was certainly chambered for a magnum paradox cartridge but which one?

I have a promotional DVD from a South African Outfitter that was given to me in 2004 when I was researching my first Safari. This clip is on that DVD so YES, it's been around a while!

For a very detailed discussion of the situation surrounding this clip, check out AR under the "Shooting Lions from a Truck" thread.

So if the rifle in question is more interesting to you than the ethical questions raised by shooting a lioness at close range from the relative safety of the back of a truck with a "cage like" rail and chair system often used for shooting from the truck in SA, then that's just fine.

But let's not go on a hunt together, OK?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com