Mike_Bailey
(.400 member)
24/10/10 06:34 PM
Re: LT Cap projectiles

Command, IŽll have to agree with you, if it were possible to get accurate slugs at 200+ yards there are loads of companies who would be making them and cleaning up as you say. Have a look at the book "Shotgunning for Deer" by Dave Henderson. Now he is talking about fully rifled shotguns, scoped etc etc, state of the art and he shows some amazing groups from the various high tech slugs (sabots etc) but he says and I quote

"Shotguns and slugs are short range ordnance, regardless of what youŽve read. Modern high velocity shotguns are effective, under the right conditions, with the right shooter, out to 125 yards. An expert might stretch it to 150 or 160 under the right conditions but once you get much beyond 125, luck has more inflence on the results than do ballistics"

A 10mph crosswind moves the average shotgun slug 8" at 100 yds !!

Just my opinion but I think anyone buying a double whether it be a paradox, a Faunetta or whatever with iron sights and taking shots much over 100 yds at stuff with four legs is going to be, a) disappointed and, b)not very sporting.

Just my opinion chaps and worth what you paid for it
best
Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com