BadgerPowell
(.224 member)
25/01/10 07:26 AM
Re: round ball in 12 gauge magtech brass?

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome.

The RCBS die sounds like just the thing so I searched MidwayUK and found one at £81.51 plus shipping, that's in UK Pounds of course. I would say that is the ideal way to go but I would have to get another press as my present loading press is a Lee with the 7/8 x 14 thread, so perhaps this particular method would have to be a future project.

At the moment I'm using a .690 pure lead ball riding in a cut down trap wad which has proven to be as accurate as any purpose made rifled slug I tried, and sorry perhaps I didn't make myself clear my Greener GP is a smoothe-bore. I hope to progress to a rifled barrel for this particular shotgun sometime in the hopefully not to distant future, funds permitting.

As for the Magtech brass I paid £9.99 (UK Pounds) for my first box of 25 direct from the main UK importer who's warehouse premises are only a 1/2 hour drive up the road from me, unfortunatly he's no-longer able to supply me direct so I'm now having to pay £26+ from MidwayUK the + being £8.95 shipping.

Regards
Badger

Contact Us NitroExpress.com