poprivit
(.333 member)
14/11/09 10:20 AM
Re: 10 Gauge Westley Richards shotgun BP

The next question is what does one do with one of these? My shotgunning skills rate right up there with my abilities as a brain surgeon. Shoot it? Hell, I couldn't hit my boot with the bloody thing tied inside of it. I fell into this gun accidently and as you can tell from my posts, I know little or nothing about this gun, or any such like. Converted pinfire??? I'da never figured that one out.

The action does have what looks like holes soldered up where the top striker of the hammer would hit. I wonder how hard it would be to find pinfire BP shotgun shells? A tad scarce, I believe.

The firing pins are triangular, and the striker plates (?) are rectangular, held in with a single screw at the top. The barrel release lever is bright blue and 100%. Hammers, screws and trigger guard are engraved and checkering is 90%. Even the forearm screws on the inside of the forearm and the wedge plates are engraved.

The gun looks like it hasn't been cocked since commute vehicles had hooves.

I keep finding more interesting bits and pieces as I study it. Guess I won't hacksaw off the barrels to 18" and stuff it under the car seat.

Neat shotgun, though ...

What to do ...

What to do ...

...and no, Huvius, I won't trade it for your genuine authentic reproduction Tom Mix cowboy hat!

Murph

Contact Us NitroExpress.com