Yogi000
(.333 member)
30/10/08 01:30 AM
Re: 4 Bore ROUND BALL

Bob and Daryl and All---Yes, indeed!

First, 1500 #4 pellets or FOUR OUNCES is just ridiculous to go going "A" Turkey with. And I agree I would get a much better pattern with +-2 ounces.

Second, regarding 220 grains of 2F Black Powder pushing a 4 ounce one inch diameter round ball: Wow! I just can't imagine the kick in this short, light weight blunderbuss! But, once I get her back together, I intend to go back to 100 grain 2F BP load pushing 4 ounces of payload and slowly work up to see what my max comfort place is.

However, Mike Lea, the builder I bought the stock and most of the 4 bore hardware from swears that 80 grains of BP is where I want to be with SHOT.

My son is visiting at Thanksgiving. He was away for 2 years in the US Peace Corp... He and I always shot guns at targets together. He is a fantastic shot! I got him his first BB gun at TEN and his mother (whom I had divorced aleady) was livid about those BB guns. I kept that at my house. He is anxious to try the 4 Bore blunderbuss out and I am anxious to have it ready for us to share that day.... Man, I love Father and Son stuff, and for some reason when it might piss the X off, it is somehow even better!!! hahaha

I also intend to have some great "devastation making" shot load and two levels of round ball load levels figured out.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com