Yogi000
(.333 member)
29/10/08 03:38 AM
Re: 4 Bore ROUND BALL

Daryl--- As always you provide sound gun advice. I was very concerned the gun may be too much which is why I sought advice from guys who had them and also as soon as I finished the mechanics of the gun (pre stock finishing) I assembled the gun and put some test loads in her. Since there are no Elephants or Rhinos in Upstate Nwew York and since I do not need elephant gun loads, I am keeping this gun primarily as a turkey gun AND for entertaining old men and kids alike. So that means some #4 shot loads and when I do shoot a round ball it is to make a massive hole in a dangerous game paper target. So, I will keep the powder charge at around 80 to 100 Grains. Just no reason to go higher than that. So no reason to punch my shoulders like a "320 to 350 grain 4 BORE Elephant Load" would punch. My 20 inch barreled blunderbuss is, furthermore, too light in weight to handle much above 100 grains of powder with a quarter pound of shot weight. Clearly the only direction to go is---up in powder charge and DOWN in shot weight. It makes no sense to shoot 1500 #4 pellets at a turkey!!! hahahaha. Until I chrono the actual speeds I do not know if I'd ever use this blunderbuss to shoot game with it using a solid round ball, my inclination is "no".

Contact Us NitroExpress.com