tinker
(.416 member)
17/09/08 12:47 PM
Re: Purdey 20b SxS Rifle, Pinfire

Daryl-

Using this Round Ball Ballistics Calculator, I've found that with this rifle's combination of factors and an assumption of 1250fpsMV, with the sights (front sight measured, program appropriately adjusted) for a 50yd zero the POI should be .7" above the POA

Taking the vertical center of the group above and drawing a line across the card, my caliper reads .750" from the bottom edge of the card to said center-line.

It's good you made that comment, I wouldn't likely have bothered with running the trajectory map.
For what it's worth, (taking the distance from target and that position in flight via trajectory math) the group is just about dead nuts on vertical center to the 50yd leaf's POA!

Curl-

Thanks for the note.
I'm happy with the accuracy print from today's test-drive.
I wasn't going for record results.
Having only a little time to run the rifle and get back to collect my daughter from school, I call this a great success. The components all worked well together, the results were consistent, and the overall performance of the ammunition (handling, loading, extraction...) was better than I could ask for.

And I have to agree with you, the rifle has definitely found the most perfectly ideal home!!

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com