tinker
(.416 member)
17/09/08 10:33 AM
Re: Purdey 20b SxS Rifle, Pinfire

Daryl-

On POI/POA, those hits were shot over a marked 50yd sight leaf at 31 yards.
I should look at trajectory/sight height math (starting with an estimated 1250fpsMV) and see if the difference in 31 and 50 yards shows up on the graph the way it did on the target.

As for the right/left issue - more time with the rile will tell.
I've been to busy with making tools, components, and ammunition for this rifle, on top of other responsibilities to have had much time with it in the pocket of my shoulder.
That and as you said, more time in load development will likely make a difference too.

I have yet to settle with a wad column. What you see there isn't likely what I'll stick with. I need to make a proper cup wad punch and die, so I can run the 'dixie cup base' shaped milk carton over-powder cup shaped cards that I prefer.
Also I won't likely be settling with those wonderlube wonderwads (got them from track with some other stuff as to save a little bit of time) either. They work, but I want to run thicker felt and I want to run beeswax/crisco instead of wonderlube.

Time will tell, but in the meantime *even with what I have here* I can get out and hunt in the Northern California timber this winter, where the shots tend to be within 50 yards...

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com