AspenHill
(Sponsor)
21/12/07 01:06 AM
Re: 2007 Deer Hunt Results

Ripp,

My muzzleloader is a CVA .45 cal 'Staghorn' model. I shoot Hornady SST's out of it with 110 grains of T7 FFG.

Most of the people hunting were from NYS, which is a pretty big state. Most of them shot at deer and missed. One person said they never saw a deer. That was pretty much discovered all they do is mess around in their stand with gadjets, etc. One of the guides took one of the archery stands near by and could hear the person all the way over there during the half day he sat out there observing.

I was the only one who shot a buck, though other bucks were seen, everyone else missed. Personally, from conversation I found they never practice shooting and they don't sight their guns in properly either.

The small deer on the end of the meat pole is a button buck. I passed on that deer or perhaps a different BB several times. I believe in letting them grow but others don't. I could have shot either of the fawns running with the big doe I took but let them go. I still had one more antlerless tag.

In my hunting life I have only shot four whitetail bucks though I have seen MANY more. Most were too small.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com