AspenHill
(Sponsor)
18/12/07 03:25 AM
2007 Deer Hunt Results

I had a good/bad season this year, saw no deer in my home state of Vermont during any of the hunting seasons (archery, rifle, muzzleloader) turns out the deer are all about a mile down the road on properties where the people have feed troughs out. Which is illegal but there is no enforcement. I am very disappointed about this seeing as the people feeding deer had several killed deer hanging from their trees all season.

I did go to New York State to hunt some private farmland and did good there. I shot an 8 point buck (my largest ever) and a nice big doe. The farmer has 2000 acres of private land with some leased. He has 500 acres of alfalfa planted with nice wood lots in between the fields.

The bucks certainly come bigger than this but for me he was huge. I shot him in their firearms season with my muzzleloader. One shot to the shoulder had the buck doing the funky chicken for about 80 yards before he gave up the ghoast. What a huge neck he had, right smack in the rut. To me he was very impressive.

The doe was taken with a front on neck shot just below the white patch. Dropped her on the spot. The doe is the first animal on the left side of the pole with my buck in the middle.

I have a very accurate muzzleloader.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com