DarylS
(.700 member)
16/09/07 04:36 AM
Re: BEST BEAR STOPPER-DOUBLE vs SLUGGED SHOTGUN??

Ripp- although we do have grizzly hunts here, the bears still view rifle shots as dinner bells abd wll come to a shot to take over the moose, elk or deer. They, of course, locate camps by smell, then actually dog bow hunters as they head out hunting, sometimes waiting for the hunters to make a kill for them to take over. Happened to a few of the archery fellows from the club I used to frequent. This happens often in the Dunlevy Creek area near Hudson Hope, B.C. This was the same basic area of the two bow hunters who called in the 5 adult bears. I found it interesting that there would be 5 adults in the same area, but it happens there now, more than ever. The same thing occurs around Mackenzie, B.C. One summer and fall season, over 64 grizzlies had to be shot in town. The town had put an electric fence around the town dump so town people could use the dump. The bears, used to fattening up on Mackenzie's garbage, came to town instead, for garbage of course. These days, they just burrow underneath the fence, I'm told. The town shootup taught them a very severe lesson to stay out of town. They do frequent the golf course though, with signs warning of bears frequenting certain holes - makes for an interesting game, eh?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com