Plains99
(.300 member)
28/08/07 07:32 AM
Re: Was Remington sold????

I suppose most people get into the gun business because they love it... and companies can do well, such as Ruger. But I like 9ThreeXFifty7's observations. Look at the muzzleloader rifle industry. Totally a product of government legislation and regulation. Take away the special hunting seasons and the inline muzzleloader would go the way of the Doe-Doe bird in a heartbeat. When I got into the muzzleloader writing business there were 14 different makes of inlines. Now there are only a handful and the list will get shorter.
I don't think I drive prices down as a buyer but I do have a very hard time buying a Model 700 or a Model 70 when I can get a nice CZ for a bit more or a perfectly serviceable and reliable and accurate Savage for less. Consequently there are very few Remingtons and Winchesters in my gun cabinet... come to think of it... none. I'm trying to hold back my guilt pains. If it takes an overseas manufacturer to make them competitive, so be it. If the economic or political conditions change, I'm sure someone will be around to tool up and fill the void.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com