venado
(.224 member)
23/04/07 01:00 PM
Re: Cost of a bear hunt..?

You should start with black bear. CA has some really great bears. I would suggest a hunt with a houndsman for the first one. i imagine you will be in the range of $1,500. on a guaranteed hunt. Hunting over hounds is a fun experience and you have plenty of opportunity to learn. my first bear we took to the scales and was 483 dressed. His hide was 7'7". I have also shot a 7' bear with the same guide, Pete Smith of Redding. If you are interested, email me and I will get in touch with him.

I hunted interior grizz with R & R Guide Service. We hunted the Alaska Range last May, It was a tough hunt on snowshoes, climbing ice & snow covered mountains. It was beautiful to camp in the snow. Be ready for the physical end of it. Price is around $11,000 + flight & lic.

For coastal grizz, there are many guides. Expect $16,000 + flight & license. Email me if you want more information on any of these.

By the way, once you know how to find bears, try calling them. On my first try I called 5 bear in 2 1/2 days. With a trapper's info, I went and found the bears. I called and killed my in less then 2 minutes on the first stand. I can't say much for my friend's shooting. He should have had his on the second stand...and that was not his last miss. Take advantage of what CA has to offer and their Big bears.

Venado

Contact Us NitroExpress.com