NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
22/10/22 12:06 PM
Re: Can Sheep Hunting in the Yukon Survive Another Century?

Quote:

Can Sheep Hunting in the Yukon Survive Another Century?

Chasing mountain sheep in the Yukon Territory has been a dream adventure for generations of American hunters. But for many, that dream may now be slipping away

BY ALEX ROBINSON | PUBLISHED OCT 13, 2022

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/can-...iAosW_fLBCgx4E4

hunter with sheep head
A longtime Yukon hunting guide with one of the last rams of his career. Alex Robinson

Hunting

Can Sheep Hunting in the Yukon Survive Another Century?

Chasing mountain sheep in the Yukon Territory has been a dream adventure for generations of American hunters. But for many, that dream may now be slipping away

By Alex Robinson | Published Oct 13, 2022 5:59 PM

ON A HILLSIDE a half mile below us, three rams graze on lush, green grass. A few hundred yards to our left, four young rams are bedded in a dirt patch. And across the valley, on the far ridge, dozens of white dots flicker in my binoculars. Before today, I had never seen a live Dall sheep, though I had read about them, watched videos about them, edited stories about them, and dreamed about hunting them for years. Now there are Dall sheep all around me.
business logo
Subscribe Now
TO KEEP READING, BECOME AN OUTDOOR LIFE+ MEMBER
OL+ membership

Pay walled article

Alex Robinson

Alex Robinson is Outdoor Life’s editor-in-chief. He oversees an ace team of writers, photographers, and editors who are scattered across the continent and cover everything from backcountry sheep hunting to trail running.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com