Ripp
(.577 member)
18/12/21 11:04 AM
Re: Four rifles for Alaska

Quote:

I'd rather a 9mm,not for the bear but for the guide.
I can't out run crap, so putting one in the guides leg would probably give me all the advantage I need. :-}

I was once working under water putting up a tide measuring pole, it involved banging star pickets under water.
One of the guys I worked with knew I had a thing about sharks and said be careful as banging under water like that attracts sharks.
I told him that's why I had a pointed knife unlike the pry bar tipped knives everyone else was using.
He laughed and said you think that will save you from a shark?
I told him no, but if I stabbed him in the leg the shark would soon forget all about me.
He stopped laughing after that.

You reminded me of when I lived in town and the year was 1999... I was shoveling snow in my driveway from an overnight snow storm.. my neighbor who was very definitely a lefty come over and asked why I was not stock piling wood in case the Y2K scare hit and we were all without power and heat.. I asked him how many guns he owned.. He proudly told me he would NEVER own a gun.. I told him that's the beauty of it Clark... I told him I have dozens of guns, therefore if he has wood, I have wood..

He gave me a very nervous smile ..and walked back to his house.. didnt seem him until after New Years...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com