Ripp
(.577 member)
19/10/21 05:01 AM
Re: Wyoming-Grizzly-Bear-Attack on Hunters...

Quote:

I agree about being armed, Art. I never go into the bush without a rifle or shotgun loaded with slugs. I like the Gualandi Dangerous Game Slug load.
It's a hardened slug from Italy, loaded here in Canada under the Challenger name. They shoot really well in my Mossberg's rifled tube. 496gr. at 1,610fps.
I have a 25 package of them, with accompanying wad for handloading, but haven't loaded up any as of yet. I still have 15 of the factory loaded slugs.
Black bears and I thought grizzlies as well, always have 3 cubs. The odd time, they will have 4. It is rare for all 3 or 4 to survive until the sow leaves the
winter den, but it does happen. I've seen black bear sows with 4 cubs and most in June still have 3. They are predated upon by other bears, of course &
with the wolf situation, they also are a problem.
3 years in a row, there were different sow grizzlies with 3 cubs each on the Babine river where I was fly fishing for Sockeye Salmon.
That is the first time I had seen that, as usually they only have one or two with them, by the fall, the others falling prey to boars or other problems.

I saw a pic earlier this year of a sow griz that had 5-- 1 1/2 yr old cubs with her.. Have never seen that before...

One of the vid's above has 3, all are older headed into the den for the winter..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com