Ripp
(.577 member)
24/09/19 10:12 AM
Re: 2019 Antelope buck

Quote:

Thanks Louis.
Actually this buck was at 2X the range I killed the doe about a month ago. She was at only 20 yards. I shot her with a 6.5X54 Mannlicher.

I enjoy shooting and I do a lot of it, but when I go hunting I like to HUNT ---- instead of simply shoot game at long range. If the season goes on and I can't get close to a deer, antelope or elk I can always fire from longer distances. But when the game is down that hunt is over, and that means the fun is over too.

Great job Steve.. I too love hunting antelope.. even more so with my bow.. and now is the time to do it as the rut is on.. my family and I drove across ND and Montana this past weekend to see my father.. saw hundreds and hundreds of antelope along the highway... and yes, the rut is on... bucks chasing bucks everywhere..

WHICH begs the question as to why, in God's name, if you are shooting them at 20 and 40 yards, do you have a range finder hanging around your neck??

Don't think the bullet drop is that different from 20 to 40 yards..or are you using really heavy for caliber bullets???

Contact Us NitroExpress.com