DarylS
(.700 member)
01/03/19 12:48 PM
Re: Pics of the day - Hunting in the Americas

Quote:

Quote:

Found a Picture of a young guy with a moose - 1983 maybe.

What's the modern fancy pancy shooting stick that you are using? What no black powder?!

PS Well done.

LOL- just a pup in that picture. 1983 - 33yrs. old. Modern-type rifle is a VZ34 in .458 2", 68gr. H335 and a 350 gr. Hornady RN, 2,296fps mv. Shot 95 yards, from our day camp, hit above the left eye a she looked at us on a slight angle, pended the full length of the brain, through the 1st vertebrae, 2nd and 3rd, then part or all of the bullet exited the rear of the neck. I assume the bullet followed the spinal cord hole. In front of his head, laying on the moss, was a piece of jellied brain 'tissue', roughly 3/4" in diameter and 8" long. It looked like a skinny dick. I assume when the bullet passed through the back of the brain, the pressure forced this rope of brain material out the hole and it jellied, falling on the moss. I picked it up by one end and said to Taylor, "look at this, jellied brain" We had just eaten lunch, so didn't fry it up. lol

Oh yeah - 675lbs. in quarters hanging at the butcher shop, no hide. tooth came back 9 years old. Just at the edge of not breeding any more, however, he came in to the calls I had been making all morning- just took his time. There were 3 other bulls answering me for 3 hours but would not come in. Maybe I wasn't sounding sexy enough?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com