Ripp
(.577 member)
16/02/19 12:53 AM
Re: Moose - Alaskan or Canadian ?

Quote:

I'm in the process of booking a trophy moose hunt and have to decide soon as to whether I go back to Alaska for a 3rd crack at an Alaskan/Yukon moose or head to Northern BC (almost in Yukon) for a crack at a Canadian. Prices, surprisingly, are about the same. (I wish the Canadian knew how to charge in CAD)Chances of success seem better in BC. Both hunts are fly in. Alaskan on foot. Canadian on horse and foot. Heads saying BC, heart says ALASKA. Seems both areas have moose with heads about the same size, 55 to 60 inches.

Any feed back from those who have hunted there and or live there would be appreciated.

Cheers
Rod

Depends on what your definition of "trophy" is??

I personally know of a handful of nice moose ( 60+ )taken last year in Alaska by guys who live here and also by guys who just went there hunting from the lower 48.. I saw 2 big bulls last fly flying from point a to point b fly fishing.. ironically, I am headed up there myself this fall with another buddy..we are going to do a do-it-yourself hunt.... so, if nothing else, will be an adventure...

Surprised with the exchange rate being what it is currently , that the Canada hunt isn't actually cheaper..

Have you gone twice with the same outfitter?? If you have I would NOT do a third.. just my opinion..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com