Ripp
(.577 member)
07/11/17 03:19 AM
Re: Rattlesnakes

Quote:

You guys must have more rattlers in MT than we do in TX. I have never seen a rattler in the wild anywhere in the state. But we have the Sweetwater, TX "rattlesnake roundup" and others so there must be no shortage of them. I think central Texas and the hill country must be where they are. Then again the state is way overpopulated (with people) compared to Montana and only getting worse.

I was in an area 7 years ago hunting big horn sheep..area called "the breaks" ..bad lands type area...in my total of 10 days being in that area I ran into a rattler at least 4 times...there are thick up there..:) they like the sage brush lower elevation areas most it seems..the area where I bow hunt for elk is at 6700ft --I have hunted there for 25+ years..have never seen one up there however if you drive down the road from there about 5-6 miles..you will find them often...

Same where I live..we are at around 4800-5000 ft--no rattlers..yet, got 6-8 miles west and you will find them...

S&W 44 with shot shells work very well on them...as does a spade..cut the head off and bury it or they will BITE you try to pick it up after you cut it off...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com