NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
29/11/16 08:55 PM
Re: Girl-14--shoots possible new Nebraska state record elk

Quote:

Not sure about Sambar though. Does anyone farm them for hunting Gryph? Never really heard of it.

Yes Watervalley in SA has sambar behind the wire. When there never saw any of huge size though, as they probably get popped quickly if large.

Quote:

Of course the 'good ones' are never in big pens.

And how true this is. Was told the big elk and hog deer (opposite in body size!), plus other super exotics, were held in small pens for the deadly intrepdid "hunters" with large wallets to "discover" (by opening their wallet) when they lucked out on huge bragging "trophies" in the 50,000 acre blockes ...

Personally wasn't interested in sambar, or most of the species there. The sambar were too tame and would not mean anything as a trophy on the wall to me. The small wild trophy Gryph helped me to get in Vic means a lot more than any large captive bred sambar would. BTW I was hunting chital at WV as I posted on NE at the time. First try to help a visiting German to get one, then later went back for myself. The chital WERE wary and alert and ran off quickly if they heard, smelt or spotted anything.

Quote:

It is different for us over here with trophy records because it is unfortunately almost a certainty that any record has been raised and paid for.

Might be true some or a lot of the time, but certainly not all the time ...

A lot of those buffalo records are steers and bred, especially when one outfitter says a party shot six huge beasts all in one week ...

Large deer still exist in the wild, at least my naivety says so.

The deer in NZ that look like a hedge of branchs, well, they WERE acquired off a catalogue. I would be ashamed to shoot something as ridiculous as those twits with their trophy photos. In fact I would be nervous about shooting a very very good wild NZ trophy, as everyone would think it is a tame hand fed farm beast ....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com