cordite
(.333 member)
08/11/16 10:50 AM
10.75x57 goes deer hunting

I posted several years ago in the Mauser section about my geco 10.75x57 mauser. Will have to find the link. Anyhow, I decided this year to do all my hunting in Montana with this rifle. It has become a favorite given its light weight, smooth reliable action that will hold 5 rounds, and, of course, it's rarity.

It took awhile to learn how to deal with that tiny little shoulder that this case has but it has proven to be totally reliable with some brass reloaded 5 or 6 times with no issues.

So we went hiking today and spent much of the day up on the mountain in the fog. I finally dropped down to a lower elevation and the fog lifted just a bit. This fellow came along and met up with a 350 grain Barnes original. Killing power was not lacking.
[image]http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/cordite_lee1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCF1864_zps2svv6n3g.jpg.html][/URL][/image]

While not a large trophy in the commonly accepted sense, I find that game harvested with an old classic rifle to be a much more meaningful trophy to me regardless of size. And he will be good eating through the long Montana winter.

So get those old guns out of the safe and take them hunting. That is what they were made to do. You may find that you are really not a much of a disadvantage.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com