Rockdoc
(.400 member)
07/06/16 07:48 AM
Re: Nile crocodile is captured in the Florida Everglades

I doubt the low figures quoted for croc attacks and human deaths. You never hear of croc, or any other large animal, attacks from villagers until you spend time there. They will tell you no problem here!

Some places they would say the crocs were friendly - lots of superstition and witchcraft around animal human attacks. We walked in a river for a few days until we got down to where the crocs were, where the crocs started were a few little devices fixed to the stone riverbank in a couple of spots, part of witchcraft. I think that was site of a croc attack, but could not get a clear answer. Nearby village we hired an armed game scout from, one of two we used as I knew the area contained at least 4 of the big five, there was a little girl killed by a buff and a drunk on a bicycle killed by an elephant one night (never got the details) in the six months prior to our arrival, yet we were told none of this when we first visited to say we would be be working in the area and asked directly about local wildlife.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com