DarylS
(.700 member)
24/11/15 02:44 PM
Re: Wolf & Canine Thread

Don't think so. Wolves normally just kill dogs. Might be possible, but I doubt it. I had heard of coydogs in the Smithers area back in the 70's. I've never heard of wolf/dog crosses in BS.

BTW - these are the same wolves that are now numbering way over 2,000 in the USA - from Minnesota to California now with several sitings. THAT is how the US government re-introduced a species to Yellowstone Park, that never existed there in the first place. They bought 50 from the BC Government about 12 years ago and now they are over 2,000 - Wash, Oregon, Cal. Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas(must be) and Minnesota, I read somewhere.

BC wolves (apparently) are the largest in the world. Good thing Texas doesn't have any - LOL.

The alpha males, according to our biologists can attain weights to 175 to 180 pounds, whereas a large Alaskan alpha male might be 145pounds, maybe 150 at the outside.

Note the above picture of the moose and wolves - 3 to 5 hold him or her down, while the others eat it to death.

At least the African cats kill their prey first.

For this reason, I really don't care where a wolf is shot, a wounding shot is as good as a kill shot - the other wolves will kill it.

The bottom picture was "taken" in Alberta - apparently. 2nd from bottom might have been Montana, Alberta or perhaps central BC - don't know.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com