Caprivi
(.375 member)
18/12/13 02:07 AM
Re: WY Antelope meets .280 Ross Clamshell DR

A coffee at the Busy Bee next door would work just as well; I liked their buffalo sausage too(breakfast).

Indeed it would.

Was thinking of your load and the terminal performance. At this velocity, which is fine as it works for you, I think I would look at a much softer bullet. Any normal bullet will perform well at 2500-ish fps. Actually "better" on a small targets than the tougher bonded styles in vogue today. The 140Sierra or 140Hawk RN are soft, accurate and give good expansion at lower velocities.

Buffalo was a drinking town on the edge of a Military Fort. Hence in the territorial days things got a little "Western" in town. Still can on Parade day. The discharge of firearms in public while drinking was a rather normal occurrence, shooting ones decide Foe was not unheard of either. Buffalo was (still is) great melding pot of all walks of life, Ranchers, Outlaws (the Hole-In-The-Wall is only 50miles south) Presidents of USA, Bankers, Gamblers, Sheep Herders, Highway Men......all types stirred together with alcohol and working girls..............

Contact Us NitroExpress.com