DarylS
(.700 member)
17/01/13 11:16 AM
Re: Sabatti draws blood

Yeah - I started salivating just reading your post. It was amazing, seeing women in gowns & suited guys (not in gowns), up at the cauldron (fitting, isn't it - women at the cauldron - HA!) with chunks of bread in their hands, scraping the remaining gravy out of the pot, while plates moose, elk, caribou, deer, bear etc sat there getting cold. It's a good feed.

When I lived in South Western Ontario - we used shotguns on the cottontails. I don't remember ever seeing a cotton tail rabbit that wasn't running all out. I also used a pair of albino Ferrets - THAT's fun!

Out here, we use our ML rifles for the snowshoe hares. We trudge around on snowshoes ourselves, looking for that little black eye, usually silhouetted against a small aspen or birch tree - once you see the eye, the rest of the pure white bunny would become visible - then, you merely take out the eye. They usually sit beside a tree - quite handy for spotting them.

I'm planning on taking a few this February and March with a PCP air rifle as well - probably the .22. We'll also be using those for gophers this spring on walkabouts.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com