szihn
(.400 member)
12/08/12 01:48 AM
Re: "Control hunting" for hogs?

One time a few years ago, a friend of a friend had a blow out on a tire in a pretty remote location. He then found his spare tire was also flat. He had a CB radio in his truck and he was able to contact a trucker who stopped at a truck stop and called me on a pay phone.

I didn't recognize the name of the man with the flat tire, but he had told the trucker to tell me he was Brian’s neighbor. I then remembered him as Brian had introduced me to him about 6 months before.

Anyway, the trucker told me where he was and I thanked him. I loaded up some tools and a spare tire in my Land Cruiser. I drove 55 miles out into the Nevada desert to find him and we changed his tire. He thanked me profusely. He then tried to give me $40 but I refused, telling him to do the same for someone else some time.

So……. The highlights of the story are these;
I got a call for help
I dropped what I was doing and drove 110 miles round trip to help the man that needed the help.
I paid for the gas.
I trusted him with my tire and wheel. (Which he returned to me about 1 month later)
I refused the money he offered.

What do you think I would have done if a man asked me to help and to come to him to help him with a problem that was too big for him to handle by himself, and when I got to him he asked me to give him several hundred dollars for the "privilage of helping him"? Most men don’t try to charge you to help them..

Anyone make a connection here? Or am I missing something?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com