Altamaha
(.333 member)
22/09/11 03:55 AM
Re: Latest Grizzly Kill, Anyone got the Facts?

Quote:

I don't deer hunt with the .218Bee #1 any more. Had a snakey feeling go up my spine while I was standing in a pile of fresh grizzly shit, Ruger #1B over my shoulder, looking at several more piles of grizzly shit all around me about a 20' circle - in his living room, so to speak.
The .218felt a mite small, even though loaded with fast stepping 50gr. X bullets. Last time I packed in in that area - about an hour's drive from home.

Little centerfires, deadly on deer if a gent knows how. I had a M43 Winchester 218 Bee when I was a kid in SE Georgia, it was responsible for keeping the family fed with venison from the Whitetail population.

Had a neighbor a few years ago, a Coast Guard Pilot. He was stationed on Kodiak Island, decided to go Blacktail Deer hunting with his 250 Savage. Was siting on a stand in the trees, heard a ruckus: Another hunter had spooked a Brown Bear, which was running directly at him with the mouth open. One shot in the mouth at about 15 feet dropped the bear, bullet went into the spine just behind the head.

Two days later the friend flew to Anchorage and bought a M70 in 375 H&H. And new underwear.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com