Der_Jaeger
(.375 member)
15/11/09 09:48 AM
Re: Appalachian Adventure

Thanks for the kind words, 9.3. These hogs were all taken on open non-fenced private property owned by a good buddy of mine up in North Central Pennsylvania. He owns around 100 acres and it butts up against some expansive state game grounds. It's definitely hit or miss with finding these things. I got a nice boar on my first time ever boar hunt last year and was skunked twice sine. Again, on this hunt, we struck it rich. I have no idea how far and wide these hogs travel and where they go when they leave the area. I don't think their range is more than a few miles, though. There is absolutely no doubt when they do infest an area because the woods are torn up with feeding areas and bedding sites. Hogs are really becoming a nuisance here in Pennsylvania and their numbers are steeply on the rise. The state, actually Commonwealth, of Pennsylvania has no season on hogs and therefore can be shot anywhere and anytime they are found. No bag limit either. I guess both of these hogs weighed close to 200 lbs since they were a bit bigger than the 185 lb boar I took last year.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com